Closing the Simple Estate
- Are you Ready to Close the Estate?
- Closing the Estate
A. Are You Ready to Close the Estate?
- Four months have passed since the date of first publication of your Probate Notice to Creditors.
- Thirty days have passed since the most recent date when you mailed a Probate Notice to Creditors to any potential creditor.
- You have paid all the Creditor’s Claims received.
If you have completed all of the above, you are ready to close the estate.
B. Closing the Estate
1. Complete as many
as there are:
- If TESTATE: Beneficiaries and have each Beneficiary sign and deliver a copy of this form to you in receipt of his/her distribution.
- If INTESTATE: Heirs and have each Heir sign and deliver a copy of this form to you in receipt of his/her distribution.
2. Complete a
3. File with the Court:
- Your completed Declaration of Completion, and
- The signed Receipts & Waivers from all the Beneficiaries or Heirs.
The estate closes upon your filing. That’s it — you’re done — Congratulations!